Sunday, August 21, 2011

It all starts in Vinchiaturo...

It all started with the Spensieri's. A broad group of us have descended from the area for centuries...I can nearly trace back our family to the 1400's. Those ancestors must look down from the heavens and be quite confused on how large we have grown.

To jump forward to more recent past, during the second World War. My great uncles, and my grandfather were born in Vinchiaturo, a small farming community in Italy. Their mother and father were both very poor, but owned a farm and each of the children did not lead glamorous lives like most children now a-days. Countless stories have been handed down to myself and my own siblings, which I hope to elaborate on in the future with this blog. I'll be using substitutes for our names for their sake.

My Italian family is quite a large one to date, infact I can not even count how many relatives I have anymore. Through times of happy and times of sad we've stuck together, and in this blog I hope to really give you, the readers, an idea of what it is to be like with us. It's quite a ride, and I hope you all enjoy it.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Can't wait to hear more about your family!

Unknown said...

Italians and Greeks have the biggest family trees! Great blog,followed. Ciao, Bello.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best WordPress Themes